The Romanian teaching in the fields of Electronics and Telecommunications began in 1920, within the former Polytechnic School of Bucharest. These subjects became a new speciality, Telephony-Telegraphy, in 1924, within the Electromechanical Department , and later evolved in the Electro-communication section (1929).
In 1953, the Faculty of Electronics was founded as a branch of the Electromechanical Department , including sections of Electronics, Radio-communications and Telephony-Telegraphy. Two years later, the name was changed into Faculty of Electronics and Telecommunications and in 2004 into the present one.
Senior faculty members with outstanding research reputation, teach both undergraduate and graduate courses in the areas of Electronics, Microelectronics, Optoelectronics, Computing Engineering and Telecommunications. As a consequence of the strong links with Romania’s business envoirement , both our management and teaching stuff have become aware of the high level of the recruitment demands in today’s IT market. That is why our main aim is to offer to our graduates a broad knowledge base, including not only skills in technology-based subjects, but also relevant economical and managerial background.